The upgrades will be made as follows:
• Maple Street (155-757M), village of Deshler, Henry County
• County Road 26 (513-790B), Logan County
• Johnston-Slagle Road/Township Road 32 (538-738T), Shelby County
• Lancaster-New Lexington Road/State Route 37 (513-418W), Fairfield County
• East Somers Street (525-103C), Preble County
The railroads will be responsible for completing construction of the upgrades by April 11, 2013. Funding for the projects will be provided by federal funds.
To increase public safety during the construction of the projects, PUCO will assist the local governments with the cost of improvements such as rumble strips, illumination, improved signage or other safety enhancements at the project locations. Funding for the improvements will come from the State Grade Crossing Safety Fund and will not exceed $5,000.