Friday, September 11, 2009

ICC approves rail safety improvements at three grade crossings

Written by 

The Illinois Commerce Commission has granted approval for the installation of automatic flashing light signals and gates at the Triumph Road grade crossing of Dakota Minnesota & Eastern track near Leaf River, Ogle County. The total estimated cost to install the new automatic warning devices is $162,363. The Grade Crossing Protection Fund will be used to pay 95 percent of the warning device installation costs, not to exceed $154,245. DM&E will pay all remaining installation costs, as well as all future operating and maintenance costs. 

ICC granted approval for installation of new automatic flashing light signals and gates controlled by constant warning time circuitry, and approach grade improvements at the 2880N/Shake Rag Road crossing of CSX Transportation's track in South Ross Township, Vermilion County.  The total estimated cost to install the new automatic warning devices is $190,237. The GCPF will be used to pay 95 percent of the signal installation costs, not to exceed $180,725. CSXT will pay all remaining installation costs, as well as all future operating and maintenance costs related to the new automatic warning devices.

ICC approved installation of new automatic flashing light signals and gates with a bell, controlled by constant warning time circuitry, and equipped with an event recorder and a remote monitoring system at the Blanchard Road crossing of the Union Pacific near Gurnee. The total estimated cost for the new automatic warning devices is $260,289. The GCPF will be used to pay 30 percent of the signal installation costs, not to exceed $86,881. The Illinois Department of Transportation, utilizing federal funds, will pay the remaining 70 percent of the installation costs, not to exceed $202,721. Union Pacific will be responsible for all future operating and maintenance costs.

All work is to be completed by Sept. 10, 2010.

blog comments powered by Disqus