The bistate agency also announced today that it has begun work to meet 24 third-quarter milestones, which will bring most of the western half of the site up to street level for the first time.
Highlights for the third quarter include: the second-to-last installation of structural steel for the entire 9/11 Memorial; the installation of steel columns that will support the WTC Transportation Hub’s roof over the PATH tracks, as well as a major Hub contract for the construction of Greenwich Street and the permanent support of the No. 1 subway line; and, the completion of the street-level plaza that surrounds One World Trade Center. The report also lists 19 milestones the agency has set for the fourth quarter of this year.
The major milestones met by the Port Authority for the World Trade Center Transportation Hub are:
* Begin 9A Underpass Excavation for East-West Corridor.
* Complete Concrete Placement on All Sectors of the Fulton Street Deck.
* Bid out Early Action Work Packages to Support Steel Erection.
* Complete Fabrication of the Remaining Calatrava Arches for the East-West Connector.
* Take PATH Platform A and Tracks 1 and 2 Out of Service.
In addition to meeting these construction milestones, in the past quarter the Port Authority also put out to bid one of the most critical work packages, the Greenwich Street/Underpinning of No. 1 Subway Line.
Prospective 3rd Quarter 2009 milestones at the World Trade Center Transportation Hub include:
* Begin Platform Column Foundations (to be completed by end of 4Q 2009).
* Fulton Street Slab Available for Access.
* Early Action Packages Awarded.
* Complete Level C Tiebacks (H&M Station).
* Notice to Proceed - Construction Management Contract.
* Structures to Grade Package Out to Bid.
* Award and Issue a Notice to Proceed on the Top-Down Contract.
* Complete Installation of the 8 Additional Arches along the East-West Connector.
* Demolish 286 & 266 slabs (H&M Station).
Prospective 4th Quarter 2009 milestones for the WTC Transportation Hub include:
* Begin Construction of Underpass Super Columns.
* Complete Steel Erection at South Mezzanine & Pavilion Transfer Structure.
* Begin Fabrication of PATH Hall Roof Steel.
* Complete Fulton Street Access Roadway.
* Complete PATH Hall Roof Demolition over Platform A (Tracks 1 and 2).