"We received strong statements of qualification from five world-class teams, all of whom have expressed significant interest in helping deliver California's high-speed rail project, a transformative investment in California's future," said Jeff Morales, CEO of CHSRA. "This contract continues to move the project forward while creating jobs in the Central Valley."
The five bids came from the following:
• California Rail Builders: Ferrovial Agroman US Corp. and Granite Construction Company
• Dragados/Flatiron/Shimmick: Dragados USA, Inc., Flatiron West, Inc., and Shimmick Construction Co., Inc.
• Golden State Rail Partnership: OHL USA, Inc., and Samsung E&C America, Inc.
• Skanska-Ames a Joint Venture: Skanska USA Civil West California District Inc. and Ames Construction, Inc.
• Tutor Perini/Zachry/Parsons, a Joint Venture: Tutor Perini Corporation, Zachry Construction Corporation
• Parsons Transportation Group Inc.
The qualified firms are now eligible to submit formal proposals and CHSRA anticipates releasing the Request for Proposal this spring.
The selected design-build firm will be responsible for delivering final designs for bridges, culverts, trenches and tunnels, utility relocations, aerial structures, grade separations, security and drainage. The environmental clearance for the route is already underway and is anticipated to be final by spring 2014.