Each of these companies should be commended for their extensive efforts to promote and improve safety in the rail contracting industry and for subjecting their full safety program and range of practices to an extensive outside review, NRC points out and says these companies represent the very best of the NRC and the entire railroad construction and maintenance industry.
"The competition is getting tougher every year and the judges have once again reported that the overall quality of submissions is rising," the NRC said. "This reflects very well on the participating contractors and speaks to the fact that the railroad contracting industry is safe and getting safer."
The five category winners are as follows:
• Category I: CR Construction Company of Cleveland, Ohio
• Category II: L.K. Comstock of New York, New York
• Category III: Herzog Services, Inc., of St. Joseph, Missouri
• Category IV: Herzog Technologies, Inc., of North Richland Hills
• Category V: Balfour Beatty Rail, Inc., of Fleming Island, Florida
In addition to the category winners, 40 companies were recognized with gold medals, six with silver, two with bronze and one certificate of commendation was also awarded. For a complete list of winners visit http://www.nrcma.org/ps.nrcawards.cfm?ID=1097
These awards will also be publicized on the NRC website, advertised in Railway Track & Structures and announced publicly at the NRC Conference in Palm Desert, Calif., on January 7, 2014.