Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), the rail safety education nonprofit, released its 2012 Annual Report, which reviews the organization's accomplishments.
The activities detailed in OLI’s annual report include:
· Celebrating its 40th anniversary with a leadership summit in Denver;
· Producing safety education materials for rail commuters, new drivers, school bus drivers and Operation Lifesaver’s 50 state programs;
· Working with the Federal Transit Administration and Federal Railroad Administration on grants for safety campaigns and other activities in cities and states around the U.S.;
· Initiating updates to the OLI volunteer education process;
· Increasing Operation Lifesaver’s social media presence.
“While the last two years have brought changes in Operation Lifesaver’s message delivery model, educational activities and leadership, our goal remains the same as it was 40 years ago: Reduce incidents, deaths and injuries at highway-rail crossings and on or around rail property. Saving lives is the mission that unites us,” President of OLI Joyce Rose said.