What a difference a year makes! That’s a cliché, for sure, but it’s also an accurate assessment of the state of the railway industry. Much has changed since we gathered last January for the NRC 2023 Conference.
Norfolk Southern CEO Alan Shaw to Headline 2024 NRC Conference
Norfolk Southern CEO Alan Shaw
As we finalize plans for the conference coming up January 3 through 6 in Scottsdale, Arizona, I guarantee a robust agenda that reflects how our industry is changing and addresses the enormous challenges and opportunities ahead.
No one is better prepared to discuss the state of our industry than Norfolk Southern Corp. (NS) CEO Alan Shaw. I’m pleased to announce that Mr. Shaw will be the keynote speaker for our fireside chat at the NRC 2024 Conference and NRC-REMSA Exhibition.
Always a conference highlight, the fireside chat will feature a candid and wide-ranging discussion about the issues confronting railroads and the broader business community. We’ll also delve into how contractors and suppliers can do more to partner with NS and other railroads to address safety and other business priorities.
As at prior conferences, attendees will gain first-hand perspectives from chief engineers about 2024 engineering and capital plans for all the Class 1 and major short line railroads as well as large passenger rail and transit authorities. Those who attend tell us interaction and level of detail shared during these presentations are invaluable.
Attendees also can look forward to constructive sessions:
- Multiple safety presentations, including from Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) representatives who will address roadway worker protection and key regulation updates, such as FRA Part 219 on drug and alcohol testing and FRA Part 243 on minimum training standards. We’ll also preview the NRC’s new safety video.
- Panel discussions covering Sustainability, Signals & Communications, Industrial Development, and Government Affairs.
- Informative workshop and breakout sessions, including speed networking where contractors and suppliers can spend dedicated time with select Class I and short line railroad representatives.
- NRC annual award presentations for Safe Contractor of the Year, Large and Small Projects of the Year, Field Employee of the Year, Hall of Fame, and our second annual Innovation in Technology award. The NRC is currently accepting nominations for all of these awards.
- Endless networking opportunities, including the NRC-REMSA Exhibition, numerous social gatherings, golf at two on-site golf courses, and, for the first time, skeet and trap shooting.
It’s time to make your plans to attend. Conference registration and hotel blocks are open. Scan the QR code to check out everything you need to know. You can also review exhibitor options, sponsorship opportunities, and the rest of the conference lineup.
It’s been a scorching summer but come January it will be a different story. You won’t regret traveling to beautiful Scottsdale for the chance to connect with more than 1,000 railway industry leaders. I look forward to seeing you there.
“Building a Safer and Stronger Railway Construction Industry Together!”