The Wood Street T station is the closest weekday alternative for light-rail riders and is located about three blocks from the Gateway station.
All rail cars will reverse direction at Wood Street Station, and riders on the last car will not be able to exit at low-level stops or stations without fare booth attendants. This pertains especially to riders who are accustomed to boarding the inbound cars at First Avenue or Steel Plaza in the afternoon and remaining seated as the cars loop and head outbound.
Additionally, other Downtown T stations will be closing on certain upcoming weekends for construction work. The schedule is as follows:
• Oct. 31/Nov. 1: Gateway, Wood Street and Steel Plaza stations will close. Bus shuttles will serve street-level stops outside Gateway, Wood Street and Steel Plaza to First Avenue station.
• Nov. 7/8: Gateway, Wood Street and Steel Plaza will close. Bus shuttles will serve Wood Street and Steel Plaza to First Avenue.
• Nov. 14/15: Gateway and Wood Street closed.
• Nov. 21/22: Gateway and Wood Street closed.
• Nov. 28/29: Gateway closed. All other Downtown stations will be open.
Also, riders may travel for free within Downtown at all times using buses following regular routes.