The Iowa Transportation Commission this week approved $6.3 million in funding for six rail infrastructure and related rail development projects under the Railroad Revolving Loan and Grant (RRLG) Program.
The projects are expected to support the creation and retention of 109 jobs within three years of project completion.
The funding targets projects in three categories: targeted job creation, rail network improvement, and rail port planning and development.
Three projects that will receive both loan and grant funding:
- Soybean Crush Plant in Alta, Iowa (Buena Vista County)
- Floyd Valley Transload (Woodbury County)
- IceCap Cold Storage (Pottawattamie County)
One project will receive loan funding:
- CP Unit Train Expansion Phase 5 (Clayton County)
Two projects will receive grant funding:
- Booneville North Transload Facility (Dallas County)
- Pacific Junction South Industrial Park Transload Facility (Mills County)
For brief news updates and commentary, please follow me on Twitter @davidclesterRTS.