Portland-area TriMet's ridership during the month of October showed strong upward trends and reached new records. For the month, there were 8.8 million trips taken on buses, MAX and WES Commuter Rail, up more than two percent compared to October 2010.
New records were reached for the MAX Green Line and WES. All figures below are compared with October 2010.
• Weekly trips were up 1.8 percent to 824,000
• Weekday trips were up one percent to 132,900
• Weekend trips were up 5.1 percent to 159,500
• Rush-hour trips were up 4.7 percent to 40,100
MAX GREEN LINE
• Weekday trips were up 8.3 percent to 24,800 – a new record high
• Weekend trips were up 6.7 percent to 25,500
• Weekday/rush-hour trips were up 18.2 percent to 1,690 – a new record high
• Weekly trips were up 18.2 percent to 8,450 – a new record high