The Surface Transportation Board selected new appointees to serve on the Railroad-Shipper Transportation Advisory Council. RSTAC consists of 15 members appointed by the board's chairman. It provides a forum for the discussion of matters of concern to rail shippers and railroads.
The following individuals were named to three-year terms as RSTAC members. Effective January 1, 2012, these individuals join the eight RSTAC members currently serving:
• Jerry Cope, Vice President for Marketing, Dakota Mill and Grain
• Tom Giovinazzi, Manager, Rail Services, Holcim (US), Inc.
• Shelley Sahling-Zart, General Counsel, Lincoln Electric System
• George T. Duggan, Vice President, Coal Marketing Group, BNSF Railway Company
• Eric Jakubowski, Director-Network Strategy, Canadian National Railway Company
• Robin Burns, Vice President Supply Chain, Occidental Chemical Corp.
• John McCreavy, Director, Business Development, SMS Rail Services, Inc.
STB Chairman Daniel Elliott III stated, “I am pleased to announce the roster of new RSTAC appointees, each superbly qualified in his or her field. I look forward to the knowledge and experience they will bring to the council and its meetings and to the larger transportation industry.”