ICC Approves Stipulated Agreement To Install devices in Iroquois County

Written by Jennifer McLawhorn, Managing Editor
image description
icc.illinois.gov

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. – The Illinois Commerce Commission approved an agreement to install automated warning devices at County Road 2700 North highway-rail grade crossing in Iroquois County.

The design and installation of automated warning devices and other safety improvements at the grade crossing near Ashkum is estimated to cost $410,176. The Grade Crossing Protection Fund (GCPF) will pay up to 95%, not exceeding $389,667. The remaining 5% and any future maintenance costs are left to Illinois Central Railroad Company. Improving the west highway grade approach is estimated to be $68,040. 100% of that cost will be covered by the GCPF. Any future maintenance costs will be left to Ashkum Road District.

ICC Commissioner Michael T. Carrigan said, “The Grade Crossing Protection Fund helps local governments and railroads across Illinois to make important public safety improvements to their existing rail infrastructure. . . Projects like the ones in Iroquois County go a long way toward keeping Illinoisans safe on and alongside train tracks.”

Tags: , , , , , ,

Media