The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) announced maintenance, cleaning, and repair work will be performed along the G line on weeknights beginning Monday, June 20, and concluding on Friday, July 8.
To accommodate the work, which is part of NYC Transit’s FASTRACK program, there will be no G train service from 9:30 p.m. to 5:00 a.m., except for Monday, July 4 and Tuesday, July 5.
During the hours FASTRACK is being done, F trains will make G train stops between Bergen St and Church Av in Brooklyn. Free shuttle buses will be provided between Court Sq and Hoyt-Schermerhorn, then run to Jay St-MetroTech to connect customers with F train service.
FASTRACK work typically includes:
- Track – remove debris and repair or replace tie blocks and running rails.
- Third Rail Operations – clean and remove debris from under and around the third rail.
- Signals – perform general maintenance on signals and switches.
- Infrastructure – repair or replace handrails, signs, and tunnel lighting. Clean track drains and repair water damage and leaks.
- Electronic Maintenance – optimize performance of closed-circuit television monitors and cameras. Inspect and test public address system equipment.
- Station Environment – perform high-intensity station cleaning and painting as well as perform elevator and escalator repair work. Clean vents and drains.
To stay abreast of communication channels for service updates, please check the MTA website.
For brief news updates and commentary, please follow me on Twitter @davidclesterRTS.