Amtrak has upgraded its FindYourWay mobile application, a free, real-time customer information app for use within New York Penn Station on iOS and Android devices.
In addition to guiding passengers as they find gates, exits and other points of interest throughout the station, the app also now includes the following features:
- Gate and track information directly from the Passenger Information Display System (PIDS) boards in near real-time
- Wayfinding functionality for the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) and NJ Transit areas of the station
- Renamed police, information, ticket areas, waiting areas and pay phones to specify their designated concourse
- Tutorial feature to help customers learn how to use the app
- Icons for major train status display areas within the station
- Predictive suggestions with search results
“We welcome our station partners to the app, and are proud to work with them again on another aspect of Amtrak’s plan to improve the experience at New York Penn Station,” said Stephen Gardner, Amtrak’s executive vice president and chief commercial officer.
LIRR President Phillip Eng said the improvements Amtrak has made to the app benefit all parties in Penn Station.
“The upgraded app will help improve our customers’ experience, especially those making connections between the Long Island Rail Road and Amtrak, New York City Transit, and NJ Transit,” Eng said.
“The upgrade to the FindYourWay app is an enhancement to the customer experience in the NJ Transit concourse, providing our customers easy access to important travel information and station amenities,” said NJ Transit Executive Director Kevin Corbett. “NJ TRANSIT is committed to using partnerships and technology to provide the best public transit service for our customers, and being a part of the FindYourWay app helps us fulfill that commitment.”